Friday, May 6, 2011

DIY Fabric Bookmarks

An early
Happy Mothers Day to all of you dear Moms out there. 

As a Mom I love books and I love bookmarks so..
I thought thses bookmarks were a fitting gift for Mothers Day they only take about 15 minutes to make. Add it with a favorite fiction or Biography and tada a beautiful personalized gift. :)
I wish I could make for each of you however I hope the idea is helpful and inspires you. :)
This is part of my Sewing Simple series.  Even if you don't have a machine they can be hand done quickly also.

To make the Rosettes click here for a simple and easy tutorial.
This tutorial used fabric glue, I used my glue gun. You could also sew them together as well.

I used ribbon and fabric for the Rosetts. 
 Thick ribbon or thin ribbon works greats depending on the size you want.

Here are the 6 I finished and gave as gifts to some dear ladies. 
Personally the yellow one with the shabby fabric ribbon is my favorite.
It was also the simpliest.


I think I will be taking another go at ribbon bookmarks and some quilted ones at another date.
I don't know what it is with me and bookmarks. :) 
Here is the link of our Patchwork Bookmarks ~kids can do.

Tip: Even if you don't have lots of fun fabric just find a nice plain color and put a rosette made from a ribbon , you could also sew around the edge with a corresponding color of thread and
tada pure sweetness.

I found the Rosette bookmark idea here, which gives a great tut on how to make them for us simple sewing ladies.

much care and love to all
Thank you for following along! ~becky

5 comments:

Jill said...

What beautiful bookmarks! Great idea to add the rosettes!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a great week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

AsylumTanya said...

These bookmarks are lovely! I love to read so I always need something to mark my place. These would be so much prettier than the ragged scrap of paper with a smiley sticker that I'm using now. ;) I am your newest follower. Come over to Greetings From the Asylum and follow me too!

Ginger said...

I have been meaning to make some of these! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

SewHappyGeek said...

I featured your bookmarks today over at SewHappyGeek!

Lorrie said...

Lorrie@ The Victorian Rabbit Said...I love these bookmarks. Have been looking for a pretty design for my daughter who reads a lot.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...