Monday, June 4, 2012

Our 'ordinary day keepsake book'

An ordinary day turned into a keepsake.
This book is about one of our days... it was just another day, now it is a keepsake and a day we will remember. :) I love it when ordinary days get highlighted. 
I love the illustrations the girls drew in this book because they are of our little western town here in Turkey and there are certain landmarks and places we visit that the girls remembered and put in the pics. :)

The idea started because we were out of drawing paper...so I went and grabbed some white fabric and cut it into squares. I gave the kids some sharpies and our "Ordinary day Keepsake book" was born.  


Come and take a look and read about our day. 













*Isaac 'designed' the cover of the book. 
*Lydia wrote and sewed on the title. 
*Lydia and Autumn told the story, mommy wrote it. (just they way they told it, so there are some grammar issues. :))
*Lydia and Autty were the fab illustrators. :) 
*Mommy sewed the book together. (2 months after the writing of it ;))

We have all sat together and read this book several times and the kids have looked at it a bunch on there own. It was a great project to do with my kids.  Maybe we will do another someday...

~Remembering and storying the ordinary days that make up our together moments. 
In our little west corner,
Becky


7 comments:

Lexi said...

I really love this idea! It's great when there is a project we can all do together and one that I will want to keep forever. Thanks so much for sharing :)

Charlene Juliani said...

This is such a clever idea, my youngest loves writing and making story books! Thanks for sharing on Hey Mom, Look What I Did at Adventures In Mommy Land!!

Connie Nelson said...

Wow! Love this, please share it! It's just the kind of thing I do. Link it up with me on my Wow Us Wednesday, ok? Over at www.familyhomeandlife.com

Jill said...

What a fabulous idea for a fun book! My girls love going back to 'books' they have written and illustrated themselves - I never thought to do one using fabric!!


Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Pam @Threading My Way said...

What an awesome idea and one both you and the kids will keep coming back to!!! Thanks so much for sharing...

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Hi Becky, I've featured your Keepsake Book today...
http://threadingmyway.blogspot.com/2012/06/threading-your-way-features_23.html

Jessica @ Sunny Stitching said...

What a special book! Stories like these are my absolute favorite. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...