Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Day 30 of helpful words.

Tomorrow is one full month of my intentional helpful and encouraging words that I started on the 1st of January.

Over the past week I have practically:

~Called the kids together and prayed for our day, words, and attitudes, when the day has felt overwhelming and bad attitudes are in the air (kids and mine).

~I have stopped myself mid sentence several times and started again.
(I have to confess I have been soo grateful that this discipline is really helping me to catch myself and consider if my words are honouring to the Lord before they get all the way out.):)

~I have written little notes to the little ones.

~I have chosen not to gossip to my husband about someone when I was hurt and wanted to say something about them to make myself feel better.

~I have asked for forgiveness a bunch. :)

~I have blogged a bunch. (I don't really think this counts but hey, it has been a journal for me on this spirit filled venture.)



"Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragment to those who hear them." Eph. 4:29

Really this 30 days of Helpful words have brought life to me.  Choosing to speak words of life, thinking before I speak, asking the Lord for wisdom before I quickly discipline, considering what really is helpful and encouraging, keeping my mouth shut more often have all been a wonderful new start.

If you have a chance read Ephesians 4 it is a great place to be reminded and encouraged on how we use our mouth.

Seriously though this is something I want to live not just for one month but for my life, it has been a great start.

In my little west corner ~
Becky

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...